Sunday, June 17, 2012

a lot changes in a year.


Remember how I told you I'm good at remembering dates? It means my memory forces me to relive days, good and bad.

This time last year, I was facing an impending breakup, smiling through tears. I was working at a job I only half liked, dreading night shifts. I woke up feeling heavy most mornings, dragging myself around, clawing through days.

This time this year, I am smiling up at the sun. I am getting ready for a big year ahead. I'm smiling more than crying, driving on country roads, roasting marshmallows, and drinking beer.

I'm reminded that life isn't all good, and it isn't all bad.

This time last year, I was also barbecuing and dancing with friends. I was sitting on the front lawn, reading good book after good book. I was loving half of my job, the half that allowed me to talk to many different people. I was learning how strong and how happy I could be.

This time this year, I'm also struggling against time. I'm facing hard decisions. I'm worrying about money. I'm proving to myself how strong and how happy I can be.

I've learned a lot changes in a year. Time really does heal. And life goes on, good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...