Friday, May 11, 2012

happy friday!

This week was a good one! How could it not be though, since I'm on vacation and it began in Vermont? Here are just a few of the things that made me happy: 


+ Spending time with two of my best friends. Melissa, Cara, and I have known each other for a few years but we became a lot closer last year when we lived and worked in the same residence (or dorm). We don't get to see each other very often since we graduated last year, but when we do, we try to make the most of it.

+ Going through photos from the trip. I uploaded them as soon as we got back Tuesday night and Cara and I laughed A LOT! And only part of that maniacal laughter can be attributed to spending 9-plus hours in a car.

+ Applying for one job and looking for others. I now know why people say trying to find a job can be a full-time job in itself. Submitting an application makes me feel like I'm doing something, though, and that's happy.

+ Staying up late, sharing more laughs with Cara, and having a truly honest conversation with each other, with a few revelations. Part of the conversation involved Cara reading Harry Potter to me and it almost made me cry. I plan to post it soon because I think we could all benefit from Dumbledore's wisdom.

+ Going to Snooty Fox for supper and having friends over afterwards to catch up.

+ Making popcorn, grabbing a blanket, and cuddling with Cara on the couch while watching Friday Night Lights. (I finished The West Wing last week and while I'm glad to have a new show to get lost in, I'm missing my friends in the White House.)

(The photo was taken with my iPhone as I was looking through the sunroof of Cara's car. We went for a Sunday drive in Vermont and I think I spent as much time looking up as I did looking out. I love sunroofs!)

What made you happy this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...