Tuesday, May 29, 2012

banana muffins.

I baked banana muffins this past weekend and that's kind of a big deal for me. A really big deal. Because I don't bake. And if I do bake, it's because I feel like I have to and it's using a mix. But I did not have to bake these muffins and they were not from a mix. I baked these banana muffins from scratch and because I wanted to. And they are delicious! 



banana muffins
from allrecipes.com

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 large overripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350° F. Coat muffin pan with non-stick spray or use paper liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and butter in a large bowl. Fold in flour mixture and mix until smooth. Scoop into muffin pans.

Bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes.* Makes 12 muffins.

Note to self: Muffins do not rise as much as cupcakes do. You like muffin tops so fill those cups up!

*The recipe said 25 to 30 minutes but I checked mine (using a toothpick) at 20 minutes and they were perfect!

4 comments:

  1. Hey!

    Thanks for checking out the new look at my blog Amanda! Your comments are always so kind & sweet.
    I am glad for you that you are taking up baking & beer drinking! Two of my fave things in life! And, soooo Canadian, eh? Happy Tuesday:)

    Dalyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    Thanks for checking out the new look at my blog Amanda! Your comments are always so kind & sweet.
    I am glad for you that you are taking up baking & beer drinking! Two of my fave things in life! And, soooo Canadian, eh? Happy Tuesday:)

    Dalyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Amanda! These look amazing. I'm the same as you - I don't bake, and if I do, I bake from a mix too! So I fully appreciate the achievement that this is. :)
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...