Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I'm so glad I got out of bed.

I was up until 2 AM last night and I woke up at 6 AM this morning. I was already thinking about calling in sick when I laid my head down last night. I wasn't feeling well and felt like I needed a day off. 

When my alarm went off this morning, my first thought was, "Roll over. Go back to sleep. E-mail your teacher and tell her you're not coming in today." But then I thought of my students. And how cute they are. And that I only have 5 days left with them (now it's 4). I thought, "I do not want to miss a single minute that I have left with them! I would miss SO MUCH CUTENESS if I stayed home today!" So I rolled out of bed, brushed my teeth, and took a very hot shower.

And I thought of the quote above, which I had reposted on Tumblr quite a while ago. I didn't laugh, but I smiled when I thought of all the times I've felt that I wouldn't make it through the day. I knew I could make it through today and I did:

When the school bell rang this morning, I was greeted by 15 rosy-cheeked students.

I zipped coats and tied sneakers and put on mittens. 

I held hands. 

I dried tears and cleaned up messes. 

I praised and scolded. 

I smiled and frowned. 

I opened snacks and collected homework.

I laughed and sang. 

I received hugs and high-fives and compliments. 

All because I got out of bed. And I'm so glad I did.

(Photo: rocketrictic)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...